Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers a community outreach program. The mission of this program is to offer free educational seminars and workshops in the community that we serve. Topics have included mechanism of injury, types of injuries, preventive measures, and treatment options. This year we have conducted sports specific seminars for runners, Seminars on common conditions and treatments of shoulder and knee pain, Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow, Anterior hip replacement, Partial knee replacement, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. Feedback from these seminars has been very supportive, showing us that there is a need for continued education. Participants have enjoyed the open question and answer time with our Physicians, and the practical sessions with our Physical Therapists.
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming seminars please sign up below.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
The physicians are dedicated to serving you and our local community and can be seen at the sidelines of many of Houston’s high school football games. We also share News and related stories of importance in Orthopedic care with the community. Any upcoming community outreach programs undertaken by our staff within the community will also be highlighted. Please feel free to utilize the multimedia patient education and other educational resources that have been
- “Mi-Eye Precision Mi-Eye Precision Regenerative Orthopedic with In-Office Arthroscopy” Free workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7:00pm at our Lakewood Office.
- “Miniamlly Invasive Neck & Back Surgery” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. R. Alexander Mohr & Dr. G. Silky Patel Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center
- “New Ligament Sparing & Partial Knee Replacement” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Thomas L. Tanous Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center.
- “Innovations in Stimulating Regrowth and Healing” FREE Workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Wednesday July 26, 2017 at Towne Lake Office
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wednesday July 19, 2017 at 7:00pm North Cypress Medical Center
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wedneday, March 22, 2017
- Dr. Mack “Custom Knee Replacement” Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Dr. Mohr “Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments” Wednesday, January 20, 2017.
- Dr. Tanous “Managing Knee Pain” April 27, 2016.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow presented by Dr Elbaz on Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00pm at North Cypress Hospital.
- Catch the free seminar on “Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments” presented by Dr Mohr on Wednesday, July 11th , 6.00-7:00pm at St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage
- New Advances for Shoulder Pain Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 18th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Injuries: Minimally Invasive Treatments for the Active Person Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, December 1st at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Replacements Speaker: Dr James Fogarty, Orthopedic Surgeon Where: Lone Star College, Cy-Fair. Mod 2, Room 101. When: Tuesday – October 26th, 10:00 am -11:30 am
- Shoulder Pain in the Active Person Presented by: Dr. David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, March 9th at :00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- IF LAST NIGHT’S INJURY LEFT YOU ON THE SIDELINES, GIVE US A CALL! SATURDAY MORNING SPORTS INJURY CLINIC Saturday Mornings from 8:30am – 10am following Friday Night Games!! Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine 21212 Northwest Freeway, Professional Bldg II, Suite 605. On the campus of North Cypress Medical Center Open to all High School & Middle School Athletes
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Presented by: Dr. Alex Mohr, Spine Surgeon Wednesday, March 28th at 7:00pm Westin Houston Memorial City Hotel 945 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77024
- Take the Steps Now to Become Pain-Free. Partial Knee Replacement | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Partial Knee Replacement – Are you a Candidate? Wednesday, November 9th at 7pm Presented by Dr. James Fogarty To register, call 1.877.47.JOINT
- Pain-Free Living Starts Here Knee Replacements | Arthoscopy and Shoulder Pain Patient-Specific Partial and Total Knee Replacements Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm Presented by: Dr. David Mack, Orthopedic Surgeon
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF KNEE PAIN Presented by: David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Free Seminar Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments Wednesday, July 11th 6:00-7:00 p.m. St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage 20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston, TX 77070
- Health & Fitness Sports Magazine’s 2010 -2010 390 OF HOUSTON’S BEST PHYSICIANS AS VOTED BY THEIR PEERS
- HEAL YOURSELF. Discover the Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma. Injections REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL Platelet Rich Plasma Injections Presented by: Dr. Jacel Brooks, Sports Medicine Physician Wednesday, September 14th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center, Main Hospital, 1st Floor 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Dr. Brooks of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine joins the national network of top ImPACT healthcare providers
- Advanced Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine and North Cypress Medical Center Provide Free Health Physicals for local Middle School & High School Athleteson
- Press Releases
- Digital Radiography system promises patient satisfaction
- Physicians of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine featured on “Superdocs” edition of Living Magazine (March 2013)
- U.S. News ranks North Cypress Medical Center #10 in Houston and #37 in Texas for Best Hospitals and ranks as high-performing in Orthopedics.
- Dr Macks Interview with The Sun Newspaper
- New knee technology has patients opting out of traditional surgery
- Treatment options for joint pains expand in NW Houston
- Dr Bacon performs surgery on two time Olympic medalist Jonathan Horton
(Houston Chronicle, Oct 22, 2011)
- “Stop Neck & Back Pain and Start Living!” presented by Dr. Mohr
- Cy-ranch High School Football-Dr Drew M Fehsenfeld
- Jersey Village Falcons Football- Dr David R Mack
- Toys for Tots
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Bacon is fantastic. While she may not always be the most personable, she is extremely knowledgeable. My ankle has been bothering me for years and other doctors have dismissed me. She took the time to do a thorough exam and understand my body mechanics to get to a diagnosis
I just think that this is the best health care facility to this day. I truly appreciate all
The PT, so far they are considerit. It’s excellent
and it just make me do more.
This office did everything they could to get me in timely after a very bad sprain on my ankle. I saw nurse practitioner Stuart who is very thorough and x-rays and explaining everything to me. I would definitely recommend advanced orthopaedics for anyone With something broken or sprained
I never review places or services on Facebook, but I could not let others know how blessed I was to have Dr. Cubbage as my surgeon. He and his lovely staff, including awesome Karen, have truly taken care of during this difficult time. I am thrilled to say that I’m quickly on the mend and I’ll be back in the classroom very soon! Love this practice!!
I was in pain for a couple of months and went to see Dr. Cubbage. He knew right away by the way my posture what the issue was. He had me scheduled in and he along with his staff were awesome. After my surgery, I felt 100 % better. I had a few follow up visits and he along with his staff were genuinely attentive to my concerns and needs. I was also not in his network and his staff helped me out with that as well. I highly recommend him for people that have back or neck issues.
Dr. Cubbage & Staff replaced a disc that had been destroyed between my 4th and 5th vertebra. This is my 4th month since the surgery in January of 2018. I was very impressed with their dedication and professional approach to helping me live a more productive life. I am a 70 year old wife, mother and grandmother. Feel very blessed. Sincerely!
Excellent experience. The doctor, staff, office services and hospital care were outstanding before, during and after the procedure. Thank you – Heathgrades, Dr. Cubbage review
Each procedure done by Dr. Patel has been an improvement. Very pleased.
Dr. Patel has been a great Doctor for me. When I was referred to after discussion we decided to do injections in my back. The first two did not work so did two more in a different section of my back. These injections worked great. I’m now able to sleep at night and the numbness in my foot is almost gone. The tingling in my foot & leg is gone and I am very happy about that. I am extremely happy that Dr. Patel is my Doctor. She has been a good listener when I tell her where I hurt and talks to me about what she feels should be done. The final decision is always mine.