Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers a community outreach program. The mission of this program is to offer free educational seminarsand workshops in the community that we serve. Topics have included mechanism of injury, types of injuries, preventive measures, and treatment options. This year we have conducted sports specific seminars for runners, Seminars on common conditions and treatments of shoulder and knee pain, Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow, Anterior hip replacement, Partial knee replacement, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. Feedback from these seminars has been very supportive, showing us that there is a need for continued education. Participants have enjoyed the open question and answer time with our Physicians, and the practical sessions with our Physical Therapists.
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming seminars please sign up below.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
The physicians are dedicated to serving you and our local community and can be seen at the sidelines of many of Houston’s high school football games. We also share News and related stories of importance in Orthopedic care with the community. Any upcoming community outreach programs undertaken by our staff within the community will also be highlighted. Please feel free to utilize the multimedia patient education and other educational resources that have been
- Dr. Mohr “Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments” Wednesday, July 20, 2016.
- Dr. Tanous “Managing Knee Pain” April 27, 2016.
- Shoulder Pain & Rotator Cuff Repair FREE Seminar presented by Dr, Alain Elbaz – 11/6/14 at 7:00pm.
- Custom Partial & Total Knee Replacements FREE Seminar presented by Dr. David Mack – 11/12/14 at 7:00pm.
- Treatment of Hip Pain for All Ages FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz and Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld – 10/22/14 at 7:00pm.
- Free Director Anterior Hip Replacement Seminar presented by Dr. Thomas L. Tanous at St. Luke’s at The Vintage
- Free Seminar about Custom Knee Replacement, presented by Dr. David Mack
- Free Seminar: New Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain and Rotator Cuff Injury, presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz
- FREE seminar “Return to an Active Lifestyle – Pain Free” presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz on Thursday, February 6th, at 7:00pm, at North Cypress Medical Center
- Free Seminar on Hip Pain & Anterior Hip Replacement
- Free Seminar on Custom Knee Replacement
- Catch the free seminar on ” Patient Specific Partial and Total Knee Replacement ” presented by Dr Mack on Wednesday, June 19th at 7:00pm at North Cypress Hospital.
- Catch the free seminar on “Returning to an Active Lifestyle-Pain Free” presented by Dr Elbaz on Wednesday, May 1st 2013 at 7:00 pm”
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow presented by Dr Elbaz on Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00pm at North Cypress Hospital.
- Catch the free seminar on “Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments” presented by Dr Mohr on Wednesday, July 11th , 6.00-7:00pm at St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage
- New Advances for Shoulder Pain Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 18th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Injuries: Minimally Invasive Treatments for the Active Person Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, December 1st at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Replacements Speaker: Dr James Fogarty, Orthopedic Surgeon Where: Lone Star College, Cy-Fair. Mod 2, Room 101. When: Tuesday – October 26th, 10:00 am -11:30 am
- Shoulder Pain in the Active Person Presented by: Dr. David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, March 9th at :00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- IF LAST NIGHT’S INJURY LEFT YOU ON THE SIDELINES, GIVE US A CALL! SATURDAY MORNING SPORTS INJURY CLINIC Saturday Mornings from 8:30am – 10am following Friday Night Games!! Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine 21212 Northwest Freeway, Professional Bldg II, Suite 605. On the campus of North Cypress Medical Center Open to all High School & Middle School Athletes
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Presented by: Dr. Alex Mohr, Spine Surgeon Wednesday, March 28th at 7:00pm Westin Houston Memorial City Hotel 945 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77024
- Take the Steps Now to Become Pain-Free. Partial Knee Replacement | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Partial Knee Replacement – Are you a Candidate? Wednesday, November 9th at 7pm Presented by Dr. James Fogarty To register, call 1.877.47.JOINT
- Pain-Free Living Starts Here Knee Replacements | Arthoscopy and Shoulder Pain Patient-Specific Partial and Total Knee Replacements Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm Presented by: Dr. David Mack, Orthopedic Surgeon
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF KNEE PAIN Presented by: David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Free Seminar Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments Wednesday, July 11th 6:00-7:00 p.m. St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage 20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston, TX 77070
- Health & Fitness Sports Magazine’s 2010 -2010 390 OF HOUSTON’S BEST PHYSICIANS AS VOTED BY THEIR PEERS
- HEAL YOURSELF. Discover the Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma. Injections REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL Platelet Rich Plasma Injections Presented by: Dr. Jacel Brooks, Sports Medicine Physician Wednesday, September 14th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center, Main Hospital, 1st Floor 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Dr. Brooks of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine joins the national network of top ImPACT healthcare providers
- Advanced Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine and North Cypress Medical Center Provide Free Health Physicals for local Middle School & High School Athleteson
- Press Releases
- Read the Article about Dr Mohr in the Cypress Creek Mirror
- Digital Radiography system promises patient satisfaction
- Physicians of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine featured on “Superdocs” edition of Living Magazine (March 2013)
- U.S. News ranks North Cypress Medical Center #10 in Houston and #37 in Texas for Best Hospitals and ranks as high-performing in Orthopedics.
- Dr Macks Interview with The Sun Newspaper
- New knee technology has patients opting out of traditional surgery
- Treatment options for joint pains expand in NW Houston
- Dr Bacon performs surgery on two time Olympic medalist Jonathan Horton
(Houston Chronicle, Oct 22, 2011)
- “Stop Neck & Back Pain and Start Living!” presented by Dr. Mohr
- Cy-ranch High School Football-Dr Drew M Fehsenfeld
- Jersey Village Falcons Football- Dr David R Mack
- Toys for Tots