Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers a community outreach program. The mission of this program is to offer free educational seminars and workshops in the community that we serve. Topics have included mechanism of injury, types of injuries, preventive measures, and treatment options. This year we have conducted sports specific seminars for runners, Seminars on common conditions and treatments of shoulder and knee pain, Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow, Anterior hip replacement, Partial knee replacement, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. Feedback from these seminars has been very supportive, showing us that there is a need for continued education. Participants have enjoyed the open question and answer time with our Physicians, and the practical sessions with our Physical Therapists.
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming seminars please sign up below.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
The physicians are dedicated to serving you and our local community and can be seen at the sidelines of many of Houston’s high school football games. We also share News and related stories of importance in Orthopedic care with the community. Any upcoming community outreach programs undertaken by our staff within the community will also be highlighted. Please feel free to utilize the multimedia patient education and other educational resources that have been
- “Mi-Eye Precision Mi-Eye Precision Regenerative Orthopedic with In-Office Arthroscopy” Free workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7:00pm at our Lakewood Office.
- “Miniamlly Invasive Neck & Back Surgery” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. R. Alexander Mohr & Dr. G. Silky Patel Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center
- “New Ligament Sparing & Partial Knee Replacement” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Thomas L. Tanous Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center.
- “Innovations in Stimulating Regrowth and Healing” FREE Workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Wednesday July 26, 2017 at Towne Lake Office
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wednesday July 19, 2017 at 7:00pm North Cypress Medical Center
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wedneday, March 22, 2017
- Dr. Mack “Custom Knee Replacement” Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Dr. Mohr “Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments” Wednesday, January 20, 2017.
- Dr. Tanous “Managing Knee Pain” April 27, 2016.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow presented by Dr Elbaz on Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00pm at North Cypress Hospital.
- Catch the free seminar on “Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments” presented by Dr Mohr on Wednesday, July 11th , 6.00-7:00pm at St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage
- New Advances for Shoulder Pain Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 18th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Injuries: Minimally Invasive Treatments for the Active Person Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, December 1st at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Replacements Speaker: Dr James Fogarty, Orthopedic Surgeon Where: Lone Star College, Cy-Fair. Mod 2, Room 101. When: Tuesday – October 26th, 10:00 am -11:30 am
- Shoulder Pain in the Active Person Presented by: Dr. David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, March 9th at :00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- IF LAST NIGHT’S INJURY LEFT YOU ON THE SIDELINES, GIVE US A CALL! SATURDAY MORNING SPORTS INJURY CLINIC Saturday Mornings from 8:30am – 10am following Friday Night Games!! Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine 21212 Northwest Freeway, Professional Bldg II, Suite 605. On the campus of North Cypress Medical Center Open to all High School & Middle School Athletes
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Presented by: Dr. Alex Mohr, Spine Surgeon Wednesday, March 28th at 7:00pm Westin Houston Memorial City Hotel 945 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77024
- Take the Steps Now to Become Pain-Free. Partial Knee Replacement | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Partial Knee Replacement – Are you a Candidate? Wednesday, November 9th at 7pm Presented by Dr. James Fogarty To register, call 1.877.47.JOINT
- Pain-Free Living Starts Here Knee Replacements | Arthoscopy and Shoulder Pain Patient-Specific Partial and Total Knee Replacements Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm Presented by: Dr. David Mack, Orthopedic Surgeon
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF KNEE PAIN Presented by: David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Free Seminar Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments Wednesday, July 11th 6:00-7:00 p.m. St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage 20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston, TX 77070
- Health & Fitness Sports Magazine’s 2010 -2010 390 OF HOUSTON’S BEST PHYSICIANS AS VOTED BY THEIR PEERS
- HEAL YOURSELF. Discover the Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma. Injections REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL Platelet Rich Plasma Injections Presented by: Dr. Jacel Brooks, Sports Medicine Physician Wednesday, September 14th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center, Main Hospital, 1st Floor 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Dr. Brooks of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine joins the national network of top ImPACT healthcare providers
- Advanced Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine and North Cypress Medical Center Provide Free Health Physicals for local Middle School & High School Athleteson
- Press Releases
- Digital Radiography system promises patient satisfaction
- Physicians of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine featured on “Superdocs” edition of Living Magazine (March 2013)
- U.S. News ranks North Cypress Medical Center #10 in Houston and #37 in Texas for Best Hospitals and ranks as high-performing in Orthopedics.
- Dr Macks Interview with The Sun Newspaper
- New knee technology has patients opting out of traditional surgery
- Treatment options for joint pains expand in NW Houston
- Dr Bacon performs surgery on two time Olympic medalist Jonathan Horton
(Houston Chronicle, Oct 22, 2011)
- “Stop Neck & Back Pain and Start Living!” presented by Dr. Mohr
- Cy-ranch High School Football-Dr Drew M Fehsenfeld
- Jersey Village Falcons Football- Dr David R Mack
- Toys for Tots
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Houston Professional Building
What Our Patients Are Saying
I had been in so much pain with my back for years. It got so bad that I knew I had to do something. I went to Dr Mohr for help. I was so afraid to have spine surgery as I had heard so many horror stories. He and his staff were very informative. I was amazed at the new technology in spinal surgery. December 8, 2016 I had rods and pins put in my back. I am so happy I did now. I am healing really fast and the pain is going away as my body heals. Thank you Dr Mohr for you expertise and sensitive nature. You were understanding about my fear and helped assure me so I could receive the help I needed. You are an excellent Doctor.
I have been a patient of Dr. Cubbage for several years. Each time of go there, he always presents a thorough plan of care. From ordering the most appropriate diagnostic tests to making sure you understand each step of his plan of care. He consistently instills confidence that you are the road to recovery.
Plus his assistant Karen is extremely knowledgeable and very caring!
I would highly recommend Dr. Cubbage if you are having any type of spinal issues. I have seen Dr. Cubbage several times over the last 3 years for lumbar pain and numbness in my left leg. Dr. Cubbage explained my diagnostic results in such a way that it was easy for me to understand. He patiently answered all my questions and explained my options. Fortunately, Dr. Cubbage has been able to manage my pain with conservative treatment but know surgery is inevitable. When that time comes, I would choose no other than Dr. Cubbage! And it’s a plus that he has such a kind and caring staff.
For the first time in many years and many knee operations on one leg I am without any knee pain. This is a result of a procedure performed by Dr. Patel.
I made an appointment to see Dr. Patel on the recommendation of Dr. Tanous following knee replacement and several months of continued pain. Dr. Patel explained the procedure to me and explained how we would proceed. The first procedure was to determine if I would be a good candidate for the second procedure. After the first procedure my pain was anywhere from 0 and 5. Dr. Patel explained to me at follow-up that I was not a good candidate for the second procedure due to my pain level being above the 0 to 3 level. After talking for a while I said “any relief would be better than the pain I had been having.” With this it was agreed that I would have the second procedure. It has now been 6 days since the procedure and I am without any pain.
I realize this is only a few days of not being able to sleep, with a pillow between my knee or under my leg at night. I know the pain may come back at anytime but until then it has been well worthwhile. I hope it will last 6 months, if not, I will have the procedure again after 6 months.
Thank you Drs. Patel and Tanous.
Outstanding Physicians. I’ve had two surgeries here, one on my foot with Dr. Bacon, and an extensive back surgery with Dr. Cubbage. I’m new to the area and my wife found me these surgeons. I have to say that each surgery I’ve had with these physicians have had excellent results. I was very pleased with my foot surgery and decided to see Dr. Cubbage for my back. Other surgeons I’ve seen regarding my back only gave me a 50/50 success rate. I have to say, the low back surgery with Dr. Cubbage was like a miracle. Right away, I noticed a difference and I’ve continued to improve rapidly. I’m almost eight weeks out and I haven’t felt this good in years. I’d like to thank Dr. Stacy Bacon for my foot surgery and Dr. Matthew Cubbage for my low back surgery. Without these drastic results, I’d not be walking today. Thank you all very much and I highly recommend your services. God bless you all.
Dr. David R. Mack replaced my right hip in June 2009, and my left in October 2010. I am already able to go places and do things on my own again. His excellent staff are very caring and helpful throughout the entire process, including recovery. The out-patient therapy is the best. I am walking very well now and am very pleased to have my life back. Thank you so much Dr. Mack and your great staff! Sincerely,
Dr. Bacon, I can never thank you enough for what you have done for me and for my daughter, Melia. In 2011, on the first anniversary of my surgery, my wife and I walked for two hours on Copacabana beach in Rio. I also completed a four hour nature walk over rough terrain in The Falklands and hiked to del Fin del Terre at the tip of South America. You are truly a great doctor, and I thank God every day for you and for Dr. Fogarty who recommended you for Melia’s surgery.
When I started, I couldn’t put any weight on my right leg and now I can do virtually anything. While I hope to not need future therapy, this is without a doubt the place I will return to in the future.
It has been eight weeks since my partial knee replacement and now I realized just how much I was missing. Having it done has made such a difference to my life. For a start my leg is now straight and my knees actually touch! I have started walking and even plan to ride my bike. The most thrilling part is that I am playing and dancing with my grandchildren again.