Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers a community outreach program. The mission of this program is to offer free educational seminars and workshops in the community that we serve. Topics have included mechanism of injury, types of injuries, preventive measures, and treatment options. This year we have conducted sports specific seminars for runners, Seminars on common conditions and treatments of shoulder and knee pain, Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow, Anterior hip replacement, Partial knee replacement, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. Feedback from these seminars has been very supportive, showing us that there is a need for continued education. Participants have enjoyed the open question and answer time with our Physicians, and the practical sessions with our Physical Therapists.
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming seminars please sign up below.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
The physicians are dedicated to serving you and our local community and can be seen at the sidelines of many of Houston’s high school football games. We also share News and related stories of importance in Orthopedic care with the community. Any upcoming community outreach programs undertaken by our staff within the community will also be highlighted. Please feel free to utilize the multimedia patient education and other educational resources that have been
- “Mi-Eye Precision Mi-Eye Precision Regenerative Orthopedic with In-Office Arthroscopy” Free workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7:00pm at our Lakewood Office.
- “Miniamlly Invasive Neck & Back Surgery” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. R. Alexander Mohr & Dr. G. Silky Patel Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center
- “New Ligament Sparing & Partial Knee Replacement” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Thomas L. Tanous Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center.
- “Innovations in Stimulating Regrowth and Healing” FREE Workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Wednesday July 26, 2017 at Towne Lake Office
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wednesday July 19, 2017 at 7:00pm North Cypress Medical Center
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wedneday, March 22, 2017
- Dr. Mack “Custom Knee Replacement” Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Dr. Mohr “Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments” Wednesday, January 20, 2017.
- Dr. Tanous “Managing Knee Pain” April 27, 2016.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow presented by Dr Elbaz on Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00pm at North Cypress Hospital.
- Catch the free seminar on “Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments” presented by Dr Mohr on Wednesday, July 11th , 6.00-7:00pm at St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage
- New Advances for Shoulder Pain Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 18th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Injuries: Minimally Invasive Treatments for the Active Person Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, December 1st at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Replacements Speaker: Dr James Fogarty, Orthopedic Surgeon Where: Lone Star College, Cy-Fair. Mod 2, Room 101. When: Tuesday – October 26th, 10:00 am -11:30 am
- Shoulder Pain in the Active Person Presented by: Dr. David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, March 9th at :00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- IF LAST NIGHT’S INJURY LEFT YOU ON THE SIDELINES, GIVE US A CALL! SATURDAY MORNING SPORTS INJURY CLINIC Saturday Mornings from 8:30am – 10am following Friday Night Games!! Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine 21212 Northwest Freeway, Professional Bldg II, Suite 605. On the campus of North Cypress Medical Center Open to all High School & Middle School Athletes
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Presented by: Dr. Alex Mohr, Spine Surgeon Wednesday, March 28th at 7:00pm Westin Houston Memorial City Hotel 945 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77024
- Take the Steps Now to Become Pain-Free. Partial Knee Replacement | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Partial Knee Replacement – Are you a Candidate? Wednesday, November 9th at 7pm Presented by Dr. James Fogarty To register, call 1.877.47.JOINT
- Pain-Free Living Starts Here Knee Replacements | Arthoscopy and Shoulder Pain Patient-Specific Partial and Total Knee Replacements Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm Presented by: Dr. David Mack, Orthopedic Surgeon
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF KNEE PAIN Presented by: David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Free Seminar Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments Wednesday, July 11th 6:00-7:00 p.m. St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage 20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston, TX 77070
- Health & Fitness Sports Magazine’s 2010 -2010 390 OF HOUSTON’S BEST PHYSICIANS AS VOTED BY THEIR PEERS
- HEAL YOURSELF. Discover the Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma. Injections REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL Platelet Rich Plasma Injections Presented by: Dr. Jacel Brooks, Sports Medicine Physician Wednesday, September 14th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center, Main Hospital, 1st Floor 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Dr. Brooks of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine joins the national network of top ImPACT healthcare providers
- Advanced Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine and North Cypress Medical Center Provide Free Health Physicals for local Middle School & High School Athleteson
- Press Releases
- Digital Radiography system promises patient satisfaction
- Physicians of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine featured on “Superdocs” edition of Living Magazine (March 2013)
- U.S. News ranks North Cypress Medical Center #10 in Houston and #37 in Texas for Best Hospitals and ranks as high-performing in Orthopedics.
- Dr Macks Interview with The Sun Newspaper
- New knee technology has patients opting out of traditional surgery
- Treatment options for joint pains expand in NW Houston
- Dr Bacon performs surgery on two time Olympic medalist Jonathan Horton
(Houston Chronicle, Oct 22, 2011)
- “Stop Neck & Back Pain and Start Living!” presented by Dr. Mohr
- Cy-ranch High School Football-Dr Drew M Fehsenfeld
- Jersey Village Falcons Football- Dr David R Mack
- Toys for Tots
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
AOSM Physical Therapy
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
AOSM Physical Therapy
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Mack and all the staff are professional and courteous. Dr. Mack came highly recommended, and I was very satisfied with his diagnosis and subsequent treatment. I would recommend him without reservation.
I have been going to Dr. Fehsenfeld for almost 10 years now and he has been nothing but amazing. He always gives his patients the time they need and sits down and talks with them about their injury and different recovery options. He has done both of my knee surgeries and I have had no issues with them and quick…
I can’t express my gratitude enough for the straight talk and guidance that Dr. Tessier has provided. He has been outstanding taking calls after hours and provided that next level of service that I didn’t think existed anymore. My knee surgery and recovery has been nothing but exceptional, and at all stages, Dr. Tessier has proved excellent communication and advice….
Dr. Mihu has been my doctor for 6 years. She is the best doctor I have ever had for so many reasons. I am an extremely complicated case and she never stops trying to help me. She is compassionate, caring and understanding. She never makes you feel rushed and will do everything in her power to give you your life…
Dr. Brooks is an amazing doctor who shows genuine concern for the welfare of his patients. He is professional, courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. He is responsive to patients who are in need of help when they request an office visit. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
I’ve seen Dr. Brooks twice now for both of my shoulders and he has given me injections both times. I’m extremely impressed by his injection skills and I always get relief from them. I highly recommend Dr. Brooks, and his MA is very sweet and caring. They also have X-ray and ultrasound on site, which makes things easier.
Dr. Mills is the best doctors I’ve had the pleasure to meet. I had an accident where I sliced open my hand cutting tendons, nerves and who knows what else. I was convinced that I was losing the use of 2 of my fingers. Dr. Mills took my case and had a good conversation with my wife and I addressing…
Dr. Mills was very pleasant, he spoke plainly to me, let me know my treatment options and what he recommended for me but he ultimately left the choice up to me without pushing any of them onto me, nor did he rush my decision. I am very impressed with the response time of everyone who helped me during my visit,…
Dr. Mohr saved my life. I was told I would never walk again and he took my case. He is the best surgeon in the world. Visits are great, he explains everything to where I understand everything. He’s the best.
Dr. Fehsenfeld is one of the best. He talks to me on a regular level, & he performed ACL surgery on my oldest son. My boy recovered back to 100% within no time. I went to see about my shoulder, & I was in/out within an hour. That includes X-ray, diagnosis, talking, and the remedy. Dr. Drew is the most…