Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers a community outreach program. The mission of this program is to offer free educational seminars and workshops in the community that we serve. Topics have included mechanism of injury, types of injuries, preventive measures, and treatment options. This year we have conducted sports specific seminars for runners, Seminars on common conditions and treatments of shoulder and knee pain, Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow, Anterior hip replacement, Partial knee replacement, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. Feedback from these seminars has been very supportive, showing us that there is a need for continued education. Participants have enjoyed the open question and answer time with our Physicians, and the practical sessions with our Physical Therapists.
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming seminars please sign up below.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
The physicians are dedicated to serving you and our local community and can be seen at the sidelines of many of Houston’s high school football games. We also share News and related stories of importance in Orthopedic care with the community. Any upcoming community outreach programs undertaken by our staff within the community will also be highlighted. Please feel free to utilize the multimedia patient education and other educational resources that have been
- “Mi-Eye Precision Mi-Eye Precision Regenerative Orthopedic with In-Office Arthroscopy” Free workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7:00pm at our Lakewood Office.
- “Miniamlly Invasive Neck & Back Surgery” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. R. Alexander Mohr & Dr. G. Silky Patel Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center
- “New Ligament Sparing & Partial Knee Replacement” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Thomas L. Tanous Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:00pm at North Cypress Medical Center.
- “Innovations in Stimulating Regrowth and Healing” FREE Workshop presented by Dr. Alain Elbaz Wednesday July 26, 2017 at Towne Lake Office
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wednesday July 19, 2017 at 7:00pm North Cypress Medical Center
- “Advances in the Treatment of Shoulder Pain” FREE Seminar presented by Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld Wedneday, March 22, 2017
- Dr. Mack “Custom Knee Replacement” Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Dr. Mohr “Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments” Wednesday, January 20, 2017.
- Dr. Tanous “Managing Knee Pain” April 27, 2016.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow presented by Dr Elbaz on Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00pm at North Cypress Hospital.
- Catch the free seminar on “Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments” presented by Dr Mohr on Wednesday, July 11th , 6.00-7:00pm at St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage
- New Advances for Shoulder Pain Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 18th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Injuries: Minimally Invasive Treatments for the Active Person Presented by: Dr. Alain Elbaz, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, December 1st at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Recent Advances in Hip and Knee Replacements Speaker: Dr James Fogarty, Orthopedic Surgeon Where: Lone Star College, Cy-Fair. Mod 2, Room 101. When: Tuesday – October 26th, 10:00 am -11:30 am
- Shoulder Pain in the Active Person Presented by: Dr. David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, March 9th at :00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- IF LAST NIGHT’S INJURY LEFT YOU ON THE SIDELINES, GIVE US A CALL! SATURDAY MORNING SPORTS INJURY CLINIC Saturday Mornings from 8:30am – 10am following Friday Night Games!! Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine 21212 Northwest Freeway, Professional Bldg II, Suite 605. On the campus of North Cypress Medical Center Open to all High School & Middle School Athletes
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Presented by: Dr. Alex Mohr, Spine Surgeon Wednesday, March 28th at 7:00pm Westin Houston Memorial City Hotel 945 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77024
- Take the Steps Now to Become Pain-Free. Partial Knee Replacement | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Partial Knee Replacement – Are you a Candidate? Wednesday, November 9th at 7pm Presented by Dr. James Fogarty To register, call 1.877.47.JOINT
- Pain-Free Living Starts Here Knee Replacements | Arthoscopy and Shoulder Pain Patient-Specific Partial and Total Knee Replacements Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm Presented by: Dr. David Mack, Orthopedic Surgeon
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF KNEE PAIN Presented by: David Mack, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center North Cypress Medical Center 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Free Seminar Back Pain: Common Conditions and Treatments Wednesday, July 11th 6:00-7:00 p.m. St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage 20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston, TX 77070
- Health & Fitness Sports Magazine’s 2010 -2010 390 OF HOUSTON’S BEST PHYSICIANS AS VOTED BY THEIR PEERS
- HEAL YOURSELF. Discover the Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma. Injections REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL Platelet Rich Plasma Injections Presented by: Dr. Jacel Brooks, Sports Medicine Physician Wednesday, September 14th at 7:00pm North Cypress Conference Center, Main Hospital, 1st Floor 21214 Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX
- Dr. Brooks of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine joins the national network of top ImPACT healthcare providers
- Advanced Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine and North Cypress Medical Center Provide Free Health Physicals for local Middle School & High School Athleteson
- Press Releases
- Digital Radiography system promises patient satisfaction
- Physicians of Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine featured on “Superdocs” edition of Living Magazine (March 2013)
- U.S. News ranks North Cypress Medical Center #10 in Houston and #37 in Texas for Best Hospitals and ranks as high-performing in Orthopedics.
- Dr Macks Interview with The Sun Newspaper
- New knee technology has patients opting out of traditional surgery
- Treatment options for joint pains expand in NW Houston
- Dr Bacon performs surgery on two time Olympic medalist Jonathan Horton
(Houston Chronicle, Oct 22, 2011)
- “Stop Neck & Back Pain and Start Living!” presented by Dr. Mohr
- Cy-ranch High School Football-Dr Drew M Fehsenfeld
- Jersey Village Falcons Football- Dr David R Mack
- Toys for Tots
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
This Hospital/clinic is the best that will take care of your pain and ailments. I will never trust any one else but Dr. Alain Elbaz to heal my body. The staff is awesome, polite, respectful and as professional as the team that works with Dr. Elbaz. I recommend him and all the doctors in the clinic because of their experience and honesty.
I have been fighting chronic knee pain for ten years following a knee replacement, a bone infection, and subsequent knee revision surgery. After a number of failed solutions to pain relief, Dr. Patel introduced me to RF nerve ablation procedure which has been very effective in improving my quality of life. Dr. Patel’s professionalism and proficiency are sincerely appreciated.
Dr. Mohr and his staff are very friendly people. They treated my father very well and made him feel comfortable in his uncomfortable situation.
Yes, I would certainly recommend Advanced Orthopedics & Sports Medicine to family & friends. My wife and I both have been going to see Dr. Mills for the past year, and both of us have had hand surgery performed by same. He is always very polite, and will discuss all options with you, and will not cut you short of time. He listens, he’s very professional, and bottom line is he is a great doctor. Plus all the staff that we have had contact with are very polite, and professional. Dr. Mills assistant Ms. Alexia Wilburn gets an AA ++
She has been very professional & helpful getting us through our surgeries. Thanks goes out to everyone at Advanced Orthopedics & Sports Medicine for taking care of both of us
Dr mills is exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone
All the staff performed in a professional manner.All of my questions and concerned where explained to me so i could understand them. Great job all around. Thanks
Always treated promptly and kindly at AOSM. Thanks to Dr Mack and his team.
Dr. Bacon is hands-down the best doctor I have ever had (skills, knowledge, bedside manner, and more,) Garrett is an intelligent P. A. who is very approachable and answers any and all questions promptly, and Jose is warm, incredibly compassionate and genuinely shows great concern for the patients. He represents the practice very well. There are so many more positives to say about them, but not enough room! I highly recommend Team Bacon!
Doctor Brooks is the best. His advice to get lubricant injected into my knees has made my life so much better. Kudos!
They are very professional and attentive. I was having shoulder pain. The wait was short and staff very kind.Dr. Fehsenfeld examined gave me a shot in shoulder, and it is much improved.