David R. Mack, MD.
|Dr. David Mack|
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certified, Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Medical Director, North Cypress Sports Medicine Center
Dr. Mack has been practicing orthopedic surgery in Houston, Texas since 1995. He specializes in all aspects of reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder, and has a special interest in the treatment of current and former athletes and sports medicine injuries. He is double board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, and holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopedic Sports Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Dr. Mack has served as the Medical Director of the North Cypress Sports Medicine Center since its founding, and was formerly a Clinical Instructor for Baylor College of Medicine. He has also served as team physician for numerous local high schools, and is currently head team physician for the Cy-Falls Eagles and Houston Christian Mustangs. He has treated professional, Olympic, collegiate, and many amateur high school and club athletes. He understands the joy of sports and competition, and participates in a wide variety of sports including running, cycling, snow skiing, and hiking. His personal accomplishments include a full marathon, a number of half marathons, triathlons, and other competitions.
Dr. Mack is on the active medical staff at North Cypress Medical Center, Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Cy-Fair Surgery Center and the Wortham Surgery Center. He is a founding partner of Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, and has served as its managing partner since 2007, overseeing its growth to 11 physicians, 6 physician assistants, and a staff of over 50 employees.
Dr. Mack graduated summa cum laude from the University of Texas, and was elected Phi Beta Kappa. He completed his medical school training at Baylor College of Medicine where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated with High Honors. He completed his orthopedic surgical residency at Baylor of College of Medicine in the Texas Medical Center. His surgical training included study abroad in both Switzerland and Australia where he concentrated his interest on surgical techniques in both knee and shoulder surgery.
Dr. Mack commonly performs the following surgeries:
- ACL reconstruction
- PCL reconstruction
- Combined Ligament Reconstruction including MCL, LCL, and posterolateral corner injuries
- Meniscal Repair
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (©Carticel Procedure)
- Autograft and Allograft Cartilage Transfer (OATS Procedure)
- Patellofemoral ligament reconstruction
- Patellofemoral osteotomy and re-alignment
- Knee arthroscopy, meniscectomy, chondroplasty, and microfracture
- Partial knee replacement, including custom unicompartmental and bicompartmental replacements (©Conformis IUni and IDuo)
- Total knee replacements, including computer navigation and custom instrumentation (©Trumatch) and custom implants (©Conformis ITotal)
- Rotator cuff repair
- SLAP repair
- Instability repair, including the Bankhart procedure and posterior labral repair
- Acromioclavicular joint repair and reconstruction
- Biceps repair and tenodesis
- Shoulder arthroscopy, capsular release for frozen shoulder, and chondroplasty
- Partial shoulder replacement and re-surfacing
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
Visit www.davidmackmd.com to find out more.