General Orthopedic Rehabilitation
If you have an orthopedic injury or condition, you may be facing many challenges. For instance, in addition to pain, you might be experiencing a loss of movement – and independence. The experienced physical therapists at Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine of Houston are available to provide the expert care and support you need to help you recover so that you can resume the activities you enjoy.
Our general orthopedic rehabilitation program has several key components, including manual therapies and progressive therapeutic exercises designed to enhance strength, endurance, flexibility and balance. By taking an individualized approach to treatment, we empower our patients to overcome their physical limitations as quickly and safely as possible. Our therapists also excel at guiding and encouraging our patients to make positive lifestyle changes that will enhance their overall health and well-being over the long run.
The team at Advanced Orthopaedics can develop general orthopedic rehabilitation programs to address a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, including:
- Spinal disorders – Whiplash, strains, sprains, disc protrusion, disc herniation, disc extrusion, degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, muscle spasms, ligamentous instability, cervicogenic headaches, nerve root impingement (pinched nerve), facetarthropathy and restriction (joint pain), sciatica, extremity radiculopathy, neuralgia, segmental dysfunction, scoliosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, scapular winging, rib head subluxation, sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction and compression fractures
- Shoulder disorders – Strains, sprains, tendonitis, impingement, bursitis, rotator cuff tears, adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), instability, dislocation, subluxation, fractures, degenerative joint disease and osteoarthritis
- Elbow, wrist and hand disorders – Tendonitis, strains, sprains, golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, cubital tunnel syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, de Quervain’s syndrome, trigger finger and osteoarthritis
- Hip and knee disorders – Strains, sprains, hip avascular necrosis, hip labral tears, tendonitis, knee meniscus tears, patellofemoral pain syndrome, chondromalacia, osteoarthritis, bursitis, iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome and Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Foot and ankle disorders – Strains, sprains, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuromas, shin splints and flat feet (pes planus)
If you have questions about your specific orthopedic condition, you can contact Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine of Houston with or without a referral (a physician’s referral is not required for an initial consultation with a physical therapist in the state of Texas). After evaluating your diagnosis, our experienced physical therapists can recommend an appropriate general orthopedic rehabilitation program to help you feel better and regain function.
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
1Doctor’s Pavilion at North Cypress Medical Center
AOSM Physical Therapy
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
AOSM Physical Therapy
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
I’ve seen Dr. Brooks twice now for both of my shoulders and he has given me injections both times. I’m extremely impressed by his injection skills and I always get relief from them. I highly recommend Dr. Brooks, and his MA is very sweet and caring. They also have X-ray and ultrasound on site, which makes things easier.
Dr. Mills was very pleasant, he spoke plainly to me, let me know my treatment options and what he recommended for me but he ultimately left the choice up to me without pushing any of them onto me, nor did he rush my decision. I am very impressed with the response time of everyone who helped me during my visit,…
I have been going to Dr. Fehsenfeld for almost 10 years now and he has been nothing but amazing. He always gives his patients the time they need and sits down and talks with them about their injury and different recovery options. He has done both of my knee surgeries and I have had no issues with them and quick…
We did not have an appointment, but I was concerned my son had broken his hand. I called and was given an appointment within an hour. Dr. Vial was great, the person who did his cast was wonderful, and we were in and out within an hour. Fantastic staff and excellent customer service!
I flew in for my appointment in the middle of Covid. He was recommended as a top ortho by my employer’s medical concierge team. He is incredible… surgery a breeze on my knee… zero pain the next day. His team and office staff are top notch – on par with Mayo Clinic. We are fortunate to have doctors like him…
Dr. Tanous is the ultimate professional. He was well read, personable, and has provided excellent treatment. He was highly recommended to me and I highly recommend him for orthopedic care and treatment.
My 84 year old mom fell and broke her right hip. Dr. Tanous was referred to me by her primary doctor. The appointment staff of AOSM gave me a next day appointment, with website info that enabled me to fill out much of necessary paperwork. The office staff was prompt and we saw Dr. Tanous at the given appointment time….
We brought our son to see Dr. Tessier for a medial epicondyle stress fracture on his throwing elbow. Dr. Tessier explained in detail the extent of the injury and thoroughly answered all of our questions. He developed a treatment plan to help him move towards recovery so that he can be back on the field next year. We have seen…
Dr. Mack and all the staff are professional and courteous. Dr. Mack came highly recommended, and I was very satisfied with his diagnosis and subsequent treatment. I would recommend him without reservation.
Dr. Brooks is an amazing doctor who shows genuine concern for the welfare of his patients. He is professional, courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. He is responsive to patients who are in need of help when they request an office visit. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.