Houston Knee Surgeons
Common conditions of the knee include:
Broken Bones and Injury
- Femur (Thighbone) Fractures in Adults
- Femur (Thighbone) Fractures in Children
- Growth Plate Fractures
- Proximal Tibia Fractures
- Shinbone (Tibia) Fractures
- Stress Fractures
Tears and Instability
- Unstable knee cap
- Ligament Injuries of the Knee
- Meniscus Tear
- PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament ) Tear
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Tear
Diseases and Syndromes
- Bowed Legs
- Bursitis of the Knee: Goosefoot (Pes Anserine)
- Bursitis of the Knee: Kneecap (Prepatellar)
- Limb Length Discrepency
- Osteonecrosis of the Knee
- Arthritis of the Knee
- Osteoarthritis of Knee – Social Impact
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee – Frequently Asked Questions
- Burning Thigh Pain (Meralgiaparesthetica)
- Compartment Syndrome
- Knee Pain, Adolescent Anterior
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease (Knee Pain)
- Runner’s Knee (Patellofemoral Pain)
In addition to performing conservative treatment including in house Physical Therapy, and education of activity adjustment physicians at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports medicine are specialized in wide variety of surgeries from minimally invasive surgery to complex reconstructions.
Treatment and Rehabilitation
Joint Replacement: Houston Knee Replacement Specialists
- Anesthesia for Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
- ACL Sparing Knee Replacement
- Knee Replacement and Implants
- Knee Replacement, Cemented and Cementless
- Types of Knee Implants
- Knee Replacement, Minimally Invasive
- Knee Replacement, Osteotomy and Unicompartmental Replacement (Arthroplasty)
- Total Knee Replacement
Arthroscopy and Reconstruction
- Care of Casts and Splints
- How to use Crutches, Canes, and Walkers
- Viscosupplementation in Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Knee Arthroscopy, Exercise Guide
- Knee Replacement – Exercise Guide
- Knee Replacement, Activities After
Streaming Videos (click on the desired topic to find out more):
- Normal Anatomy of the Knee Joint
- Arthroscopy of the Knee joint
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- ACL Reconstruction Hamstring tendon
- ACL Reconstruction Patellar tendon
- Uni Condylar Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Joint Replacement
- Meniscal Transplantation
- High Tibial Osteotomy
- Multiligament Knee Reconstruction
- Shin Splints
- Meniscal Tears
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Patellofemoral Instability
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
Houston Knee Specialists
Advanced Orthopedics and sports medicine has numerous Board Certified/Eligible physicians who are thoroughly educated in the latest treatment techniques both surgical and conservative. They are well versed in advances in knee treatments including meniscal transplants, total knee replacements, minimally invasive unicompartmental and total knee replacements
Drs Elbaz and Brooks now perform Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections for the treatment of patellar tendonitis, quadriceps muscle injury, bursitis, ligament sprain/tear, hamstring tendonitis or tears. PRP stimulates a more rapid healing of tendon, ligament, muscle and bone.
Contact us today to Schedule an Appointment or call us at 281-955-2650 to learn more about our Knee Treatment options.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
I had been in so much pain with my back for years. It got so bad that I knew I had to do something. I went to Dr Mohr for help. I was so afraid to have spine surgery as I had heard so many horror stories.
I just think that this is the best health care facility to this day. I truly appreciate all the PT, so far they are consider it.
When I started, I couldn’t put any weight on my right leg and now I can do virtually anything. While I hope to not need future therapy, this is without a doubt the place I will return to in the future.
Always treated promptly and kindly at AOSM. Thanks to Dr Mack and his team.
Thanks for the help on strengthening my legs after the back surgery, There was no pain shooting down the back of my legs after surgery. I am recovering well with no pain medications after seven days.
Dr. Patel has been a great Doctor for me. When I was referred to after discussion we decided to do injections in my back.
Dr. Mills is exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone
I highly recommend Advanced Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine to anyone who needs anything dealing with bone replacement.
Dr. Mihu is the most intelligent and polite Dr I have ever visited. Her and her nurse Nicole made me feel so welcomed. I have never encountered a doctor who knew so much and asked so many important questions
Dr. Blalock did surgery on my broken wrist on Tuesday. I liked him a lot as did my husband. Took time to explain everything in detail even though his phone was ringing non-stop.