Houston Sports Medicine Doctors
Common Sports Injuries & Conditions: Click on the topics below to find out more
- Burners and Stingers
- Concussion Management
- Muscle Contusion (Bruise)
- Muscle Cramp
Hernia (Athletic Pubalgia)
- Sprains and Strains: What’s the Difference?
- Sprains, Strains and Other Soft Tissue Injuries
- Stress Fractures
Foot and Ankle
- Lisfranc (Midfoot) Injury
- Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle
- Turf Toe
Knee and Leg
- ACL Injury: Does It Require Surgery?
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Burning Thigh Pain (Meralgiaparesthetica)
- Collateral Ligament Injuries
- Combined Knee Ligament Injuries
- Common Knee Injuries
- Compartment Syndrome
- Hamstring Muscle Strain
- Knee Tendon Bursitis
- Kneecap (Prepatellar) Bursitis
- Meniscal Tear
- Meniscal Transplants
- Muscle Strains in the Thigh
- Patellar Tendon Tear
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
- Quadriceps Tendon Tear
- Runner’s Knee (Patellofemoral Pain)
- Shin Splints
- Unstable Kneecap
Hand and Wrist
Shoulder, Arm, Elbow
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Elbow
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Shoulder
- Chronic Shoulder Instability
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Frequently Asked Questions
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Surgical Treatment Options
- Shoulder Impingement/Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Separation
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Throwing Injuries in the Elbow in Children
Houston Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
The Orthopedic specialists at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine provide a complete range of sports medicine services, including diagnosis, nonsurgical and surgical treatment, physical therapy and rehabilitation. Whether you are a competitive athlete or the weekend warrior, the specialists at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine will get you back in the game. Conservative treatments include in house Physical Therapy, and education of prevention and safety with sports activities.
Click on the topics below to find out more
Prevention and Safety
- Athletic Shoes
- Helmet Safety
- Return To Play
- Safe Exercise
- Sports Injuries and Baby Boomers
- Sports Savvy: Battling Injuries and Infections in Athletes of All Ages
- Tips for a Safe Running Program
- Train Smart and Stay Strong
- Yoga Injury Prevention
- Gymnastics Injury Prevention
- Baseball Injury Prevention
- Basketball Injury Prevention
- Football Injury Prevention
- Golf Injury Prevention
- High School Sports Injuries
- Hockey Injury Prevention
- Horseback Riding Injury Prevention
- Prevent Winter Sports Injuries
- Skiing Injury Prevention
- Sports Injuries
- Soccer Injury Prevention
- Swimming Injury Prevention
- Tennis Court Safety
- Tennis Injury Prevention
- Volleyball Injury Prevention
Sports Injury Handouts
Click on the Sports Medicine topics below to view a printable handout
- AC Joint Injuries
- ACL Injury Prevention
- Ankle Sprains: How to Speed Your Recovery
- AOSSM Youth Baseball and Softball Injuries
- Articular Cartilage Injuries
- Cortisone Injections
- Exercise for Bone Health
- Exercise for the Mature Athlete
- Flexibility and Stretching
- Golf Injuries
- Hand and Wrist Injury
- Helmet Use in Snow Sports
- Meniscal Tears in Athletes
- Osteoarthritis and Exercise
- Overuse Injuries
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Return to Play after Injuries
- Running and Jogging Injuries
- Shoulder Impingement
- Skiing and Snowboard Injuries
- Stress Fractures
- The Injured ACL
- Traumatic Shoulder Dislocation
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
Houston Sports Medicine Specialists
Physicians at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are currently providing professional cutting-edge sports medicine care for a number of high school, collegiate, professional and Olympic athletes at a local national and international level and coverage for a number of sports teams.The doctors at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are available to assess and treat your problems often through conservative care and if surgery is indicated they have extensive experience with minimally invasive surgeries to get you back quickly to what you are passionate about.
Our highly skilled, certified, and friendly Physical Therapy and Occupational therapy staff work to help our clients perform at full potential based on their personal athletic goals.
Contact us today to Schedule an Appointment or call us at 281-955-2650 to learn more about our Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Treatment options.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
AOSM Physical Therapy
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
AOSM Physical Therapy
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
I would highly recommend Dr. Cubbage if you are having any type of spinal issues. I have seen Dr. Cubbage several times over the last 3 years for lumbar pain and numbness in my left leg.
For the first time in many years and many knee operations on one leg I am without any knee pain. This is a result of a procedure performed by Dr. Patel.
I never review places or services on Facebook, but I could not let others know how blessed I was to have Dr. Cubbage as my surgeon. He and his lovely staff, including awesome Karen,
We’ve seen several of these drs. Different family members with different issues. They have been exceptional in both the operating procedures and the follow ups.
Dr. Blalock did surgery on my broken wrist on Tuesday. I liked him a lot as did my husband. Took time to explain everything in detail even though his phone was ringing non-stop.
Dr. Cubbage & Staff replaced a disc that had been destroyed between my 4th and 5th vertebra. This is my 4th month since the surgery in January of 2018. I was very impressed with their dedication
I’ve been with this orthopedic group since 2014. I’ve never had a bad experience with the doctors or the staff. Dr. Drew Fehsenfeld did my shoulder surgery in 2016 and he did great!
The surgery done by Dr. S. Patel (Actually injections) & the mild medications she has prescribed has surely made my lower back -hip-leg less painful.
Dr. Patel is one of the best Doctors I have ever had. She is pretty good at her job. She makes it plain and simple. She is also very thoughtful. I was very glad to have met her.
Doctor Brooks is the best. His advice to get lubricant injected into my knees has made my life so much better. Kudos!