Houston Sports Medicine Doctors
Common Sports Injuries & Conditions: Click on the topics below to find out more
- Burners and Stingers
- Concussion Management
- Muscle Contusion (Bruise)
- Muscle Cramp
Hernia (Athletic Pubalgia)
- Sprains and Strains: What’s the Difference?
- Sprains, Strains and Other Soft Tissue Injuries
- Stress Fractures
Foot and Ankle
- Lisfranc (Midfoot) Injury
- Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle
- Turf Toe
Knee and Leg
- ACL Injury: Does It Require Surgery?
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Burning Thigh Pain (Meralgiaparesthetica)
- Collateral Ligament Injuries
- Combined Knee Ligament Injuries
- Common Knee Injuries
- Compartment Syndrome
- Hamstring Muscle Strain
- Knee Tendon Bursitis
- Kneecap (Prepatellar) Bursitis
- Meniscal Tear
- Meniscal Transplants
- Muscle Strains in the Thigh
- Patellar Tendon Tear
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
- Quadriceps Tendon Tear
- Runner’s Knee (Patellofemoral Pain)
- Shin Splints
- Unstable Kneecap
Hand and Wrist
Shoulder, Arm, Elbow
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Elbow
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Shoulder
- Chronic Shoulder Instability
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Frequently Asked Questions
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Surgical Treatment Options
- Shoulder Impingement/Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Separation
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Throwing Injuries in the Elbow in Children
Houston Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
The Orthopedic specialists at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine provide a complete range of sports medicine services, including diagnosis, nonsurgical and surgical treatment, physical therapy and rehabilitation. Whether you are a competitive athlete or the weekend warrior, the specialists at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine will get you back in the game. Conservative treatments include in house Physical Therapy, and education of prevention and safety with sports activities.
Click on the topics below to find out more
Prevention and Safety
- Athletic Shoes
- Helmet Safety
- Return To Play
- Safe Exercise
- Sports Injuries and Baby Boomers
- Sports Savvy: Battling Injuries and Infections in Athletes of All Ages
- Tips for a Safe Running Program
- Train Smart and Stay Strong
- Yoga Injury Prevention
- Gymnastics Injury Prevention
- Baseball Injury Prevention
- Basketball Injury Prevention
- Football Injury Prevention
- Golf Injury Prevention
- High School Sports Injuries
- Hockey Injury Prevention
- Horseback Riding Injury Prevention
- Prevent Winter Sports Injuries
- Skiing Injury Prevention
- Sports Injuries
- Soccer Injury Prevention
- Swimming Injury Prevention
- Tennis Court Safety
- Tennis Injury Prevention
- Volleyball Injury Prevention
Sports Injury Handouts
Click on the Sports Medicine topics below to view a printable handout
- AC Joint Injuries
- ACL Injury Prevention
- Ankle Sprains: How to Speed Your Recovery
- AOSSM Youth Baseball and Softball Injuries
- Articular Cartilage Injuries
- Cortisone Injections
- Exercise for Bone Health
- Exercise for the Mature Athlete
- Flexibility and Stretching
- Golf Injuries
- Hand and Wrist Injury
- Helmet Use in Snow Sports
- Meniscal Tears in Athletes
- Osteoarthritis and Exercise
- Overuse Injuries
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Return to Play after Injuries
- Running and Jogging Injuries
- Shoulder Impingement
- Skiing and Snowboard Injuries
- Stress Fractures
- The Injured ACL
- Traumatic Shoulder Dislocation
To request an appointment, please enter the information on the form on the right and press the “Continue” button to start the appointment request process.
Houston Sports Medicine Specialists
Physicians at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are currently providing professional cutting-edge sports medicine care for a number of high school, collegiate, professional and Olympic athletes at a local national and international level and coverage for a number of sports teams.The doctors at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are available to assess and treat your problems often through conservative care and if surgery is indicated they have extensive experience with minimally invasive surgeries to get you back quickly to what you are passionate about.
Our highly skilled, certified, and friendly Physical Therapy and Occupational therapy staff work to help our clients perform at full potential based on their personal athletic goals.
Contact us today to Schedule an Appointment or call us at 281-955-2650 to learn more about our Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Treatment options.
1Professional Building II At North Cypress Medical Center
2North Cypress Professional Building At Lakewood Crossing
3North Cypress Professional Building At Towne Lake
4Advanced Orthopaedics Memorial
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Patel has been a great Doctor for me. When I was referred to after discussion we decided to do injections in my back.
Doctor Brooks is the best. His advice to get lubricant injected into my knees has made my life so much better. Kudos!
I highly recommend Advanced Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine whenever the need arises for great orthopaedic surgeons.
Dr. Matthew Cubbage is absolutely the best Spinal Specialist in the area. After 2 successful surgeries by Dr. Cubbage myself, I have recommended him to Family & Friends and we have all had great experiences
My son and husband have both been seen here. The staff is very polite and helpful. Dr. Mohr performed my husband’s back surgery.
I have found the staff to be courteous and professional. Lynn and Julie were wonderful to work with and took good care of me. And Dr. Brooks and Dr. Mack are excellent
So I was going to get on here and brag about what a great surgeon Dr. Cubbage is. But Cubbage is only 3/4 of the picture. He’ll fix you, but Karen is the one that will care for you and heal you!
Dr. Ryan Blalock is AMAZING! He went above and beyond to fix my 8 year old son’s severely broken arm with emergency surgery.
Dr. David R. Mack replaced my right hip in June 2009, and my left in October 2010. I am already able to go places and do things on my own again.
Dr. Tanous and everyone at Advanced Orthopaedics are great. The surgery to repair my knee injury and the treatment afterwards were handled amazingly well.