Please note that the following Pre-Operative Instructions are general guidelines that can be used prior to surgery for most patients. However, every case is unique and if your physician has given you further or differing instructions, please follow his or her guidelines.
- If you are taking any anti-inflammatory or aspirin, please stop them 7 days prior to surgery, with the exception of Celebrex and Bextra. (If you are having spine surgery, there may be additional medications to avoid. Please consult your pre-operative handout, or call your surgeon’s medical assistant.)
- Be sure to attend your pre-operative appointment at the surgery center or hospital. The staff there will run any tests and give you additional instructions for the day of your surgery. If you have any questions about the facility’s pre-op appointment, please contact the appropriate facility before calling your surgeon’s assistant.
- Cy-Fair Surgery Center (281) 955-7194
- Cy-Fair Hospital (281) 890-3180
- Methodist Willowbrook Hospital (281) 477-1900, option 2
- Tomball Regional Hospital (281) 401-7755
- Northwest Surgery Center (713) 462-3194
- North Cypress Medical Center (832) 912-3500, ask for pre-op
- Wortham Surgery Center (713) 559-9100
- DO NOTeat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. When you awake the morning of your surgery, NO WATER, COFFEE, ETC. and No Gum Chewing or Hard Candy! (If you are currently taking medication for high blood pressure, you may take this early on the morning of surgery with a small sip of water).
- Knee Surgery:
1. Wear shorts, sweats or something loose that will fit comfortably over a dressing.
2. If you have crutches, bring them with you.
3. If this is a reconstruction, additional expectations will be discussed as necessary.
- Shoulder Surgery: You will either be in a sling or immobilizer following surgery, depending on type of surgery. Please wear a loose fitting, preferably button-front shirt to assure your comfort and ease following surgery.
- If you are currently taking any form of diet pill, whether it is prescription or over the counter, please inform the office. You must stop taking any diet pill at least 14 days prior to surgery. If you choose not to do this, your surgery may be postponed or canceled secondary to risk of possible cardiac problems that may arise during surgery.
- Your first post-operative appointment will need to be made within 3 to 7 days from the day of surgery, unless your physician tells you otherwise or complications arise. To schedule your post-op appointment, please fill out our online Appointment Request Formor call our office at (281) 955-7577.
- If you have any questions, please call your physician’s medical assistant.
Please click a topic below to view in PDF format.